Help Save Our Native Bee Species – Learn to Build a Bee House
Bees. They really are the animal of 2019, aren't they? The Kalamazoo Valley Museum just opened a fully-immersive bee experience exhibit. There's more awareness than ever about our dwindling bee population and how that can and will affect our food production. The question seems to be on everyone's lips; "How can I help?"
Learn to make a Native Bee House at Kellogg Bird Sanctuary in Augusta, Saturday, July 13th from 10:00am to 11:30am. The Native Bee Challenge through 4H will help you create your own bee house while teaching you about the importance of bees in our ecosystem. Reservations are between $3 and $7 depending on age and membership status. It's a very small price to pay to help protect our bees.
Here's what you need to know:
- Where: Kellogg Bird Sanctuary, Augusta
- When: Saturday, July 13th
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Members: Adult $5, Senior $4, Children $3
- Non-Members: Adult $7, Senior $6, Children $5
- For more information on the event, click here
- For more information on the Native Bee Challenge, click here