Battle Creek’s BC Cargo Is Now Open For The 2019 Season!
Last year, downtown Battle Creek welcomed a pop up shop marketplace designed to help build up entrepreneurship in our community. Now, it's opening up once again!
BC Cargo, located at 35 W. Hamblin Ave. at McCamly St. in downtown Battle Creek, opens May 1 with seven businesses; the businesses operate out of recycled shipping containers on city owned property, and provide a way for people to get their foot in the door and develop and grow their skills and business.
BC Cargo was created by the Small Business Development Fund of the City of Battle Creek, and provides a lower cost for entry as well as support for running a business.
The seven shops open on opening day are:
- AWOL Clothing, "more than a brand. Its name, short for All Walks of Life represents not only you the people but also your story."
- Cognizance Coffee and Cacao, providing "premium coffee and cacao imports from Colombia and Ecuador" that uses "its profits to provide premium academic opportunities to those who otherwise would not have access".
- VeggZ Cafe, a "small plant-based counter service eatery" offering vegan food and snacks
- Sweetie Pye's Cupcakes, a bakery offering many different kinds of cupcakes
- JJ's Sweet Treats
- Out of Line Vintage, offering "Hand picked vintage" clothing "For the love of timeless style"
- 2096 The Store, a "place to purchase old, present, and future clothing"