Battle Creek’s Linear Park Cleanup Event For Earth Day
Grab your gloves and buckets, and join the community to cleanup the Linear Park path for a post-Earth Day event!
For the third year, local agencies will invite their staffs and families, and our community neighbors, to participate in cleaning up sections of this 26-mile-long recreation asset. Agencies involved are Aspiring Leaders United, the City of Battle Creek, Battle Creek YMCA, Calhoun County, The Energy Nook, Goodwill Industries of Central Michigan’s Heartland, Kellogg Community College, Kellogg’s, and Willard Library.
This year’s event will take place from 2:00 p.m. 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 28; Earth Day was earlier this week on Monday. The global event began in 1970. The Earth Day Network, which leads Earth Day worldwide, believes that more than one billion people in 192 countries now participate in this day of action.
There are several checkpoints near Linear Park that volunteers can join-up at and participate in the community clean up project.
- Battle Creek Department of Public Works, 150 S. Kendall St.
- Calhoun County Justice Center, 161 E. Michigan Ave., north parking lot by the path/river
- Bailey Park, 1392 Capital Ave. NE, by ANYbodies Playground
- Southeast corner of Jackson Street and North Bedford Road, in the area of the boat launch
- Kellogg’s headquarters, 1 Kellogg Square, downtown
Each site will provide gloves, trash bags, buckets for glass, and hand sanitizer – while supplies last. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own supplies if possible.
#LPcleanup2019 can be used to list efforts and post photos of efforts.