Calhoun County Seeks To Fill Recycling Committee Vacancies
Applications are now being accepted to fill two vacancies on Calhoun County's Recycling Committee, whose participants work on the implementation of the county's Solid Waste Management Plan.
The Solid Waste Management Planning Advisory Committee meets the third Wednesday of every month, at the Calhoun County Building in Marshall. The public is invited to apply for the positions, which are for two year terms; appointments must be approved by the Calhoun County Board of Commissioners.
Committee members have several duties, including:
- Identifying local policies and priorities related to Solid Waste Management
- Insuring coordination and public participation
- Advising the County and Municipalities of the plan’s status
- Approving plan amendments and updates
- Providing input on the annual budget for the Solid Waste Management Fund
- Assuring that the department is fulfilling its statutory requirements
Applications are being accepted until Tuesday, December 11. In order to apply, you need to go to the following Calhoun County website and choose "Solid Waste Management Planning Advisory Committee" in the drop-down menu.