Do You Have A Lot Of Trash, Marshall? Get Rid Of It This June!
Sometimes, if you have produced a lot of waste during things like home renovations or spring cleaning, it can be difficult to get rid of it. The City of Marshall is looking to make things a bit easier for their residents.
Marshall says that their 2019 Trash Pick Up event will begin on June 10; residents will need to have their items out on the curb by 7am that morning, although they can't put them out until June 3. There's a limit of 3 cubic yards of waste per residence, since the pickup service is provided from the trash, leaf and brush millage and there's only so much money to spend.
These items WILL be accepted for pickup:
- Bagged solid waste under 50 lbs. per bag
- Appliances NOT containing Freon
- Dried latex paint
- Misc. building materials (window, door, a section of fence)Mattress, sofa, furniture, file cabinet, etc.
- Home fixtures, toilet, cabinetry, sink
- Outdoor toys
- Any other non-hazardous trash
These items WILL NOT be accepted for pickup:
- Appliances containing Freon (air conditioners or refrigerators)
- Yard waste (This can be taken to the city compost center located at 611 Homer Road. Hours are Friday & Saturday 9-3pm)
- Liquid or hazardous waste including motor oil
- Non-latex paint and varnish
- Car batteries
- Medical waste
- Vehicle parts
- Building demolition debris such as drywall, concrete steps, plaster or lath