Tigers Have Second Highest Payroll in Baseball
The Tigers have the second highest payroll in baseball. An Associated Press article of big league contracts shows the Dodgers are #1, and the New York Yankees are third.
- Los Angeles Dodgers $225.00 million
- Detroit Tigers $199.75 million
- New York Yankees $195.00 million
- Dodgers’ pitcher Clayton Kershaw, is the highest paid player for a second straight year at $33 million.
- Arizona Diamondbacks' pitcher Zack Greinke, Kershaw's former team-mate, is second at $31.8 million.
- Former Tiger David Price, who now pitches for Boston, is third at $30 million.
So who are the top earning Detroit Tigers? Check out these numbers from Baseball Reference.
- Miguel Cabrera $28M
- Justin Verlander $28M
- Justin Upton $22.125M
- Jordan Zimmermann $18M
- Victor Martinez $18M
- Anibal Sanchez $16.8M
- Ian Kinsler $11M
- J.D. Martinez $11.75M
- Francisco Rodriguez $6M
- Mike Pelfrey $8M
- Mark Lowe $5.5M
- Iglesias $4.1M