2018 Crack Filling Program Starts In Battle Creek
The City of Battle Creek’s work has begun to fill in cracks on some city roads.
The City says that the crack fill program is designed to prevent cracks in the pavement from spreading, in an effort to extended the life of recently-treated roads for about two or three years. Crews will be out during the day as of May 7, filling in the cracks with a cold liquid asphalt; the work is expected to finish by May 18.
Roads will remain open, but you might see lane shifts and delays. You're asked to proceed slowly when workers are present.
The following streets will see crack filling work:
- Beckley Rd. between South Minges Rd. and M-66
- Capital Ave. SW between Beckley and Rebecca Rd.
- East Ave. North from Roosevelt Ave. East to Emmett St. East
- Hubbard St. from Roseneath Ave. to Parkway Dr.
- Jay St. South from Fountain St. East to Main St.
- Manchenster St. West from Jordan St. to Hubbard
- Territorial Rd. West from Helmer Rd. South to 20th St. South
- VanBuren St. West from Limit St. to Washington Ave. North
- VanBuren St. East from Elm St. to Union St. South
This work could take longer than scheduled if the weather delays it.