The Battle Creek Fire Department was dispatched to a reported residential structure fire in the 2300 block of Walkins Road at just before 5:00 a.m. Thursday morning. The caller stated it was unknown if everyone was out of the home. The home owner used a bucket and pool water to keep the fire in check until the fire department arrived.

Crews arrived to find that everyone had indeed made it outside safely. The blaze was located on an attached rear patio/deck with the fire extending to just outside of the home.  The fire was quickly extinguished and no fire extended into the structure. The home was ventilated to remove smoke.

The fire was determined to be accidental and started in the area of a deck/patio outdoor fireplace.  No injuries were reported.

Battle Creek Fire Department's Truck 6, Squad 6, and Rescue 4 were all dispatched to the scene.

More From WBCKFM