Battle Creek Unlimited To Give FY 2019 Progress Report To City
Next week, the head of Battle Creek Unlimited will be giving an update to the City of Battle Creek on their plans to improve the city’s economy.
BCU President and CEO Joe Sobieralski will give their bi-annual update in front of the Battle Creek City Commission Tuesday and discuss how well they did with their goals for Fiscal Year 2018-19; many metrics, including jobs created and capital investments, are progressing along. This was the first year of BCU's five year commitment, and each goal is a five year goal.
- Jobs Created - 25% of the goal for FY 2018-2019
- Capital Investment - 23% of the goal for FY 2018-2019
- Lead Development - 15% of the goal for FY 2018-2019
- Company Attraction - 71% of the goal for FY 2018-2019
- Retention Visits - 23% of the goal for FY 2018-2019
- Land Development - ongoing
- Foreign-Trade Zone - 20% of the goal for FY 2018-2019
- Raise Private Capital - ongoing
- Direct Investment Fund - 40% of the goal for FY 2018-2019
- Community Development Projects / Assists - 60% of the goal for FY 2018-2019
- Work Ready Talent Assists - 14% of the goal for FY 2018-2019
- Positive Media Coverage - 96% of the goal for FY 2018-2019
The goal by 2023 is to have created 750 new jobs, and to have brought in a total investment of $250 million to Battle Creek. Sobieralski will also look forward, a will discuss plans to have Battle Creek become a leading competitor in the UAV market and max capacity at Fort Custer Industrial Park in 2019-2020.
The presentation by Battle Creek Unlimited will take place as one of the first things on the agenda.