Batte Creek firefighters responded to the 300-block of Cliff Street, around 10:46 PM, Saturday evening. When they arrived, they found smoke coming from the third story of the multi-family home. The home was evacuated and crews quickly attacked the blaze, containing it to the third story.

A post-fire investigation revealed that the fire had started accidentally from a kitchen stove and spread to the cabinets, of the third story apartment.

No firefighters or civilians were injured in the blaze.


More From WBCKFM