Next Wave Of Water Shutoffs Start Friday Night On Capital Ave. NE
The City of Battle Creek continues their extensive repairs of the water system starting tonight.
The City says from 7pm Friday until 5am Saturday, residents on the following streets will have their water shut off:
- Capital Ave NE from Wabash Ave. to Maple Grove Ave.
- Broad Street North from Capital NE to Sherman Rd.
- Woodward Ave. from Capital NE to Bryant St.
- Sanderson St. from Capital NE to Bryant
- Convis St. from Capital NE to Bryant
Those residents should be prepared for possible boil water advisories once the water turns back on.
Capital Ave. NE between East Ave. North and Emmett St. will be COMPLETELY CLOSED while this work takes place.
All throughout next week as well, portions of Capital, Kendall St, Union St. and more will see further water shutoffs. the complete list of shutoffs are below:
Monday, May 7 from 8am to 4pm
- Wabash from Sherman to Cherry St.
- McKinley Ave. from Capital NE to Cherry
- Broad St. from Capital NE to Perry St.
- Capital NE from Union St. to Broad
- Perry from Wabash to Broad
- Cherry from Union to Broad
Tuesday, May 8 from 8am to 4pm
- Garrison Ave. from Sherman to Capital NE
- Union from Capital NE to Cherry
- Capital NE from Orchard Place to Union
Wednesday, May 9 from 8am to 4pm
- West St. from Champion St. to Garfield Ave.
- College St. from Glenwood Ave. to Garfield
- Eagle St. from West to College
Thursday, May 10 from 8am to 4pm
- Loyd Ave. from Brunswick Dr. to Sherwood Dr.
- Sherwood from Loyd to Sherwood
Friday, May 11 - 7pm to 4am Saturday
- Capital NE from Fremon St. to Poplar St.
- Penn St. from Capital NE to Clay St
All of these water shutoffs might precipitate boil water advisories as well.