The Marshall Police Department Is Now Hiring Officers
The City of Marshall Police Department is looking for new officers.
The MPD says on their Facebook page that they are seeking applications for full time patrol officers, who would start out making $20 an hour plus health, dental and vision insurance and a pension. Applicants need at least a two year associate’s degree in a relevant field, and a license from the state Committee on Law Enforcement Standards; on the job training will also take place.
Further, candidates need to be knowledgeable:
- Knowledge and comprehension of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and the law with regard to appropriate officer behavior/response and enforcement activities involving the public are required.
- Knowledge of investigative police techniques, methods and procedures is required. Patrol Officer Page 3 of 3 Knowledge of controlling laws and ordinances, including the laws of arrest and evidence is required.
- Skill in the use and care of firearms and other assigned weapons is required.
- Must be able to shoot both hand and shoulder weapons. Ability to operate and use photographic and electronic surveillance and recording devices is required.
- Knowledge and ability to administer first aid and CPR is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Medical First Responder certification is desired.
- Ability to accommodate the physical and mental stress associated with confronting violence, danger, tragedy, injury, destruction and loss of human life is required.
In order to apply, you need to go to cityofmarshall.com/jobs and click “Patrol Officer”.