The State of Michigan Makes a Big Leap in Fun
Did you know that the state of Michigan was ranked 38th in Wallet Hub’s ranking of the “Most fun states in America” in 2017. Well not to worry because in Wallet Hubs 2018 “Most fun states in America” ranking we jumped 22 spots to number 16.
What surprised me is with the huge leap we are still behind the state of Ohio, state of Ohio really!
How do they rank the states, well according to Wallet Hub’s methodology they compare two key categories with 26 indicators, “Entertainment & Recreation” and “Nightlife.”
- The number of statewide attractions
- Amusement Parks
- Golf Courses
- Shoreline mileage (we must have come close to the top on this one)
- Beach Quality: Full Weight
- Access to Scenic Byways
- the cost to go to a movie
- the number of national parks and their accessibility\
- number of casinos
Michigan did claim the top spot in golf courses and country clubs per capita rank.
What did we rank in some of the other categories:
- 8th in variety of arts, entertainment and recreation establishments
- 12th in restaurants per capita
- 12th in amusement parks per capita
- 13th in movie theaters per capita
- 16th in casinos per capita
- 19th in fitness centers per capita
- 29th in performing arts theaters per capita
To see where the other states ranked go to Well not to worry because in Wallet Hubs 2018 “Most fun states in America”
Congrats Michigan for making the leap, do you believe our state is that fun to live in?