Battle Creek Now Accepting Absentee Ballot Applications For November Election
Absentee ballots are available for those who for whatever reason can’t make it to the polls November 6, although you need to meet certain requirements. You can only vote absentee if:
- You are 60 or older
- You will be absent from the community you are registered to vote in the entire time polls are open
- You are physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of someone else
- You cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion
- You have been appointed as an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the one you reside in
- You cannot attend the polls because you are in jail awaiting arraignment or trial
Absentee ballot applications are due by Saturday, November 3, at the City Clerk's Office. The ballots themselves will be available at the end of September; many of them will be mailed by the Clerk's Office, and they will also be available for pickup in person.
More information and the applications themselves can be found by going to battlecreekmi.gov/elections or by visiting the City Clerk's Office at City Hall.