Battle Creek Industrial Fire Injures One
The Battle Creek Fire Department and V.A. Fire Department responded shortly after noon on Sunday to a fire at Adient Inc. on Armstong Rd.
V.A.F.D was first on the scene, and found heavy smoke coming out of the south side of the building. Crews forced entry and were able to contain the blaze to a press machine that was mostly extinguished by maintenance personnel. It is believed that the fire started from sparks from welding equipment. One Adient employee suffered some mild smoke inhalation, and was treated on scene by LifeCare Ambulance.
Damage was mostly contained to machinery and was estimated to be $10,000.