BCPS, Marshall Schools Receive A Combined $1.5 Million For Security
The Michigan State Police announced $25 million in grants last month to help 188 districts across the state, including the Battle Creek Public Schools and Marshall Community Schools. The BCPS received $560,000, and Marshall got $1 million.
Other schools in our area receiving these grants include:
- Jackson Public Schools - $140,625
- Parma Western School District - $421,948
- Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School - $25,000
- Kalamazoo Christian School Association - $41,110
- St. Monica Catholic School (Kalamazoo) - $19,565
- Vicksburg Community Schools - $72,450
- Concord Community Schools (Jackson County) - $53,885
- East Jackson Community Schools - $57,356
- Jackson County Intermediate School District - $67,579
- Jackson Lumen Christi Catholic School - $24,452
These districts will use the money to buy equipment and technology to improve the safety and security of school buildings, students and staff.
407 applications were submitted, and the winners were chosen by a committee including representative from the MSP, Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police, the Michigan Department of Education, and the Michigan Association of Non-Public Schools among other groups.
The full list of grant recipients can be found at the MSP's website.