Starting a New Job on the Right Foot
If you're starting a new job, you probably want to make a good impression. Jim Dolson and Ben Jones of US Staffing in Battle Creek were on the 95.3 WBCK Morning Show with Tim Collins to offer some thoughts.
A recent article in the Harvard Business Review outlines some ideas. "Starting a New Job? Take Control of Your Onboarding" by Susan Peppercorn says get to know everybody and don't over-do it. Some mistakes covered by new job holders include:
- A lack of understanding the culture and building relationships with others.
- Focusing only on our direct superior and our direct peers.
- A lack of understanding how all of the supporting departments relate to your new role can be critical to your success.
- Improper use of communication tools like email and texting.
- Swooping in for the big win instead of going for a few easy wins.
- Assuming that the rest of the team is comfortable with a new person on the team.
For more, watch the video or call Jim and Ben at US Staffing.
US Staffing, 914 Columbia Ave. Call(269)589-6507. Let US Staffing help you find that new career, or that new employee.